Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bee stuff

The girls are building out the 9th bar.  You can see 5 bars of comb in various stages of completion.  I think this is just cool.  I'm glad i did this now, and didn't wait till next year.


I sent this pic to Beeboy yesterday.  He showed me today that the second to end comb has eggs in the cells.  He blew up the pic and showed me.... dang.  Don't know what the queen was doing all the way out here, but she obviously was.  Tomorrow i'm opening up the whole hive for the LCBS meeting and we'll find out what is on all the other bars.  The red circles are have eggs in the cells.


They look like tiny little white lines.  By day 3, they begin to lay down and turn into little coma's.  The life of an egg.  You might have to blow this up to really see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment