Monday, May 7, 2012

The Other Bed...

Saturday afternoon it looked like this.


20 minutes later it looked like this


While I was cleaning it out, my neighbor, who is firing up his grill, yells over, "I was gonna compliment you on the fine crop of weeds you are growing."  I really enjoy my neighbors.  Wise guys, all of them.  :-)

The bed was supposed to get filled with half compost, quarter peat, and quarter vermiculite.  This is how far I got before I got sidetracked with the mulching.


That only filled a quarter of the bed after it was mixed.  The good news... after the beds are filled, all I'll have to do next year is add an inch or two of compost on the top and work it is a few inches.

I gotta try to get the rest filled by this weekend, so i can plant everything else on Saturday.  Neighbors 50th birthday bash Sat night.  Gonna be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment