Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wolf's Bane, Leopard's Bane, Women's Bane, or Devil's Helmet...

.

Also known as Aconite.  What a pretty little flower.  Blooms mid winter.  Mine were shining bright yellow late December thru February.


Unfortunately, these little darlings are one of the most poisonous plants in the garden. Used to used as a detox in old China.  And spread like fire.  On Friday, I noticed the green seed pods were starting to dry out, and thought I need to get them pulled before they open.  By Sunday, most were starting to open, many were already empty.  I like the flower, but wanna get rid of it, or at least confine it. 


It has taken over my big perennial bed. 














I got alot of the pods without spilling the seeds, but I know next year I can expect this.  Lots of baby Wolf's Bane in my backyard. 


Not sure how I'm gonna handle this.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment