Sunday, April 8, 2012

Yesterday...

.

was my birthday.  Lots of fun and bittersweet all in one.  Breakfast with da boys.  Out comes a muffin ablaze with candles.  Guy sitting a few booths down said it was as bright as a sunrise service.  It was funny. 

Worked at the office in the morning, like i do every Saturday morning.  On the door is a big Happy Birthday handmade sign.  Made me smile.  Noonish our receptionist (the sign maker) walks in with her husband singing Happy Birthday and presents me a homemade chocolate cake with peanut butter icing... one of my favs. 

Then my daughter and her beau offer to take me to dinner.  We go to one of my favorite places and she's stoked that they have local grassfed meats, and Chimay beer.  My friend (who's wife is on a field trip to Maine) met us there and we had a good time.  I really enjoy spending time with her.

  Stuck around after they left and had a bunch of "birthday beers" from others in the bar, along with chocolate cake with peanut butter icing.  Dogfish Head 120 Minute on tap, along with Weyerbacher Double Simpcoe.  Hops to the max.

Bittersweet was between Lunch and Dinner, I was helping my son pack the truck.  He, his girl, and my two grandbabies are moving to Ohio.  I had two of his neighbors come up to me and say I should be proud of him for how hard he works to take care of his family, and what a good daddy he is.  I am. 

Gonna miss them big.

They pulled in today safe and sound.


1 comment: